Did you know that you can navigate the posts by swiping left and right?
Hello guys. I’ve written an element in gst-plugins-bad which I called as GstImageSequenceSrc. It works very similar to GstMultiFileSrc, but there are some differences.
Differences with GstMultiFileSrc.
Handles a list of filenames instead of a printf pattern as GstMultiFileSrc does.
* Having a list of filenames is useful because you can set the filenames you want,
in the order you want. For example, you can add more filenames or sort the list.
* There are two ways to create this list:
a) Setting a location propertie. This value could look like:
b) Setting the filename-list (GList) directly.
* Creates an “imagesequence://” protocol which allows the playbin to play this element. It handles a 'fake’ uri but it is useful finally.
gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=“imagesequencesrc:///some/path/*.jpg?framerate=20/1&loop=1”
* It “detects” the mimetype of the images. You only have to worry about the framerate.
* It calculates the duration.
Things to improve:
* Seeking: it seeks to the wrong image sometimes (actually, after many seeks).
* The way duration is calculated.
PD: stormer, the guy who hangs on #gstreamer, was telling me to support png *and* jpeg files (both at the same time) but I don’t see a usecase.
You can see the most-stable version of this element in
The develop branch in (currently it is the same):